Front Wheel Bearing Adjustment
Front Bearing are now suspended on tapered roller bearings. Adjustment of freshly cleaned and repacked roller bearings is as follows:
- Torque spindle nut to 19ft. lbs. while rotating the wheel.
- Back off the nut until bearings are loose.
- Retorque spindle nut to 11 ft. lbs. while rotating the wheel.
- If either cotter pin hole in spindle lines up with nut castellations, back off the nut one-twelfth turn and install cotter pin. Otherwise, back off the nut to the first position that will accept an horizontal or vertical cotter pin.
- Install cotter pin and lock spindle nut into position.
©copyright 2000, buicks.net all right reserved